Did you skip breakfast this morning with one of these excuses? "I just didn't have time" or "I couldn't think of anything simple and healthy." Well, no more excuses!
Here are 12 quick and easy breakfast options for the most important meal of the day.
- Yogurt and fresh fruit; add raw nuts and seeds
- Hard boiled egg with carrot and celery sticks.
- Trail mix of raw nuts and seeds with some fresh fruit.
- Yogurt with high fiber unsweetened granola
- Quiche and fresh fruit
- Oatmeal with almond milk and 1 tsp of honey. Eat with nuts and fresh fruit.
- Already prepared, nitrate-free turkey or chicken, sausages. Heat in a steamer for three minutes. Eat with a small salad (prepared the night before).
- Breakfast taco: Ground turkey, salsa, lettuce, and cucumbers. Mix the salsa and cucumbers into the ground turkey the night before. Scoop into a corn tortilla.
- Protein smoothie: Whey protein powder, almond or coconut milk, fresh or frozen berries, 2 tbsp, of flax oil. May add raw nuts.
- Lettuce leaf taco: Take two leaves of lettuce (green leaf, romaine or butter lettuce) and wrap around turkey deli slices (nitrate free) Add 1 tsp of mustard.
- Bowl of high fiber cereal with almond milk, nuts, and berries
- Spinach omelet and whole grain toast
AUTHOR: Bex Urban
img source: http://www.attunefoods.com/blog/