5 Reasons To Book A Wellness Retreat
Do you ever see beautiful pictures of wellness retreats and wonder what it would be like to go on one?
I did, so decided to book one over the summer. As an avid yogi, I had been wanting to go on a yoga retreat for quite some time. Though many retreats are held in exotic locations like Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Bali, I opted for a weekend retreat in upstate New York with one of my favorite teachers in the city. It was such a wonderful experience that I cannot wait to sign up for the next one!
Here are my five Reasons to book a wellness retreat:
1. Deepen Your Practice - On a retreat, participants are typically offered two classes per day. This gives you the time to deepen your practice which can include working on physical postures, focusing on your breath, and sitting still during meditation.
2. Healthy Eats - Most retreats provide nutritious meals throughout each day. On my recent trip, organic vegan cuisine was served using fresh produce straight from the farm. The food was so delicious that I even purchased a cookbook from the gift shop so that I could make some of the same recipes at home.
3. Unplug - In a time period where many of us rely so heavily on our technology to communicate and do business, it is essential to take a break and unplug! It feels so good to connect with nature and other people without constantly checking text messages, emails, and updating your Facebook status.
4. New Friends - You are likely to meet people with similar interests when you go on a retreat. When I signed up for my first retreat, the only person I knew was my teacher. After traveling, eating, and doing fun activities with our group, I ended up leaving with new friends.
5. New Adventures - Whether traveling abroad or just heading a few hours out of town, going to a new place creates an opportunity for new experiences. During my time on the retreat, I took a botanical class where I learned about different plants and how to combine them with essential oils to make a body cream. I was also able to visit a nearby dairy farm where I was given a tour and got to play with the cows and goats. A retreat is a wonderful way to detox, relieve stress, and to open yourself up to new experiences. Life is about balance so it is important to take time from your busy schedule to rest and to connect with people and with nature. Book a wellness retreat now and discover how much it can truly enhance your life!
AUTHOR: Angilique Campbell
img source: http://www.bagusjati.com/Gallery.php (Ubud, Bali)