Counteract the cold winter with some homemade crockpot chicken & vegetable soup! Minimal prep time with maximal flavor and health benefits.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 1-3 cloves of garlic
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Any leftover herbs (thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, etc.)
1) Dice up raw chicken breasts and season with salt/pepper and red pepper flakes. Add into crockpot.
2) Dice up carrots, celery, onion, and garlic and add into crockpot.
3) Pour the low sodium chicken broth over the top and add in leftover herbs.
4) Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours.
Photo by: slowcookergourmet.net