Enjoy Your Vacation AND Stay In Shape
Yikes, working out can be a challenge when you’re on vacation! I just got back from one and had to get very creative fitting both my workouts and quality family time into my schedule. If you are hoping to stay on the wagon on your vacation, here are some tips.
1. Pack your sneakers. They take up quite a bit of room in your suitcase, so chances are if you make the space for them, you will make space in your schedule to use them.
2. Schedule your workouts into your trip. Research the area and see if your favorite studio has a location there. Or maybe there’s a workout you’ve been dying to try that has a location there? If you sign yourself up for a class, you are more likely to commit to the workout.
3. Find a workout buddy. Workout buddies can be a great motivation for sticking to a planned sweat session.
4. Pack your favorite workout DVD. Do your research to make sure that if your DVD requires any equipment, you pack accordingly. Also, if you know you cannot commit to an hour session, look for 30-minute workouts.
5. Explore the area and see what fun activities you can find. Try, for example, hiking, snorkeling, surfing, skiing, snow boarding, bike riding, rock climbing... Whatever it is, trying something new can be a fun way to spice up your workout!
Also, these kinds of activities are a great way to get to know the city and explore its natural beauty. Some of my favorite outdoor activities to do with visitors in New York are walking the Brooklyn Bridge and renting bikes to ride around Central Park. My family lives in Miami, Florida. Mom and I jogged to the local marina while I was on vacation and it was exciting to see people outside enjoying all kinds of activities with their families! Enjoy, and have a great vacation!
AUTHOR: Katie Mitchell
img source: Seven Tea Cups - Sierra Nevada, CA