#FastFit // 5 Minute Meditation
- Find a quiet space, and a comfortable cross legged or lotus pose seat. You may want to sit on a small pillow for low back comfort.
- With a tall spine, place your hands in your lap and draw your head gently up and back.
- Gently sway side to side like a pendulum until you settle into a still, centered position.
- On each breath in, you count from one to ten.
- Each time your mind wanders away from your breath or the counting, you begin again at "one."
When I first started using this meditation tool, I counted "one" over and over again for the entire session. That happened repeatedly. Until slowly, I learned to focus on only the breath. To quiet the voices and noise. If a thought arises, acknowledge it and let it be like a cloud that drifts by, ungraspable. Them begin again at one. If you reach ten, then begin again at one. The beauty is in the simplicity. A regular practice can bring greater focus and awareness into your work, your day to day, your workouts or training, and help bring ease and quiet to the noise.