Growing up in Chicago, I was raised as a true Midwestern gal! Enjoying a plethora of steak, potatoes and too often junk food! As I got older and realized the challenges this food created for my body, skin and overall well-being, I often struggled with 'saying no' when the food was right in front of me. I mean who can't eat fries when the entire basket is in front of you! I decided to figure out tips for improving my ability to "just say no" so that I could learn to control my eating habits and maintain the weight I wanted, skin I yearned for and overall health I deserved.
1. Always have cut up veggies in the fridge to munch on
2. Carry snacks in your bag (I find the individual sized packs of nuts from Trader Joe's to be perfect)
3. Drink 16oz.of water before a meal
4. I take 400-600 mg. of Magnesium per day which I believe helps cravings and offers a variety of other nutritional benefits.
5. Splurge every so often! You must give in to your cravings every so often, life is too good and so is the food! Deprivation is only going to create bigger cravings which will result in eating the entire chocolate cake instead of one bite!
AUTHOR: Emily Bernstein