Activewear Archived Balance Beauty Tips Career Cocktail Core Strength Dance Essential Oils FastFit Flexibility Goals Gratitude HIIT Holidays Hydration Kitchen Gadgets Meditation Mental Health Motherhood Motivation Music Natural Remedies Nutrition Persistence Pilates Post-Workout Posture Quotes Recipe Retreats Running Share Strength Travel Wanderlust Wisdom Workout Accessories Workout tips Yoga
Light 'N Fresh Sweet Pea Hummus
Anything green, fresh, and light is summer approved. Am I right? This summer Sweet Pea and Garlic Hummus is not your average hummus recipe and it’s absolutely perfect to dip any fresh veggie or pita chip into. Because pita chips are my weakness (especially the salty garlic ones!). The sweet peas add a nice flavor to the already perfect combination of chickpeas, garlic, and tahini. Add it to your wrap, sandwich, or even avocado toast. Because let’s face it everything tastes better with avocado. Sweet Peas aren’t only absolutely delicious, but they also are great for your health. Sweet Pea Benefits: -Boosts the immune system thanks to the high levels of antioxidants -Regulates blood sugar through slowed digestion by the high protein and fiber levels -Builds strong bone health with Vitamin K that helps anchor calcium Now go ahead and make this hummus and pair with pita chips, or quinoa bread like I did above. Ingredients
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sweet peas, frozen
- 1 can chickpeas (28 oz.), rinsed and drained
- ½ lime, squeezed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Sprouts/microgreens/pesto, to garnish (optional)
- In a food processor, process garlic and sweet peas until they form a paste-like consistency. Add in the chickpeas, lime juice, olive oil, and tahini. Blend until smooth, scraping down the edges as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with any variation of sprouts, microgreens, rocket leaves, or pesto to kick it up a notch!
[Republished from: The Whole Tara]
AUTHOR: Tara Milhem