Monday Meals // Heirloom Tomato Frittata
Heirloom Tomato Frittata People are always asking about Paleo snacks. Once your blood sugar stabilizes you wont need snacks, but initially “paleo friendly snacks” will come in handy. I like making a frittata with whatever veggies I have in the fridge. This frittata was inspired by a Mexican omelette.
- 5 eggs (Pasture Raised)
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- 1 spoon coconut oil
- ½ onion
- 1 large heirloom tomato handful cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pinch of salt & pepper
- Turn oven on Broil.
- Melt coconut oil in a cast iron skillet, add onion followed by the remaining veggies.
- Wisk eggs with coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to pan.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Place pan in oven for 5 minutes or so. Enjoy!
Photo by: The Food Dept