Recipe // Brussels Sprout Pasta
If someone asked you to name your 5 least favorite vegetables, what would you say? For many people, like myself and my son, I bet brussels sprouts would definitely make that list. All that changed after eating dinner at my sister's house one night. She served a brussels sprout pasta that both me and my son gobbled up! Hope you will enjoy it too!
Brussels Sprout Pasta
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 6 tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (or almonds), chopped (can use the food processor)
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano (my son loved it with Parmesan as well)
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1. Shred brussels sprouts in a food processor with a slicing blade. Set aside.
2. Bring pot of salted water to a boil and add spaghetti. Cook 8 minutes, drain and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Stir in shallots and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
4. Mix in shredded Brussels sprouts; cook 4 minutes.
5. Using tongs, add spaghetti to skillet. Stir in pasta water, hazelnuts, salt (optional), freshly cracked pepper, and 3/4 cup Pecorino or Parmesan cheese.
6. Toss well. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Enjoy!
AUTHOR: Cathy Terrazas
Image source: French Revolution Food Blog