- Biker’s can’t brake as quickly as you. Please keep that in mind.
- Please look before you swing your car door open, or before you pull out of your driveway.
- Please don’t honk at a biker because you think we are in your way! It’s rude, loud, and unnecessary.
- Please share the road. Cars and bikers both need a little room to roll.
- Please don’t let your kids run around on the bike path for “bikers only.” It’s dangerous for everyone!
- Please don’t yell unproductive things out your window. We are aware our bike garb isn’t the sexiest, but it still doesn’t make you look cooler than us.
P.S. This weekend, a driver gave me the thumbs up out his window and a smile in the rear view. It’s amazing what a simple friendly gesture like that can do. He helped give me a burst of energy to carry me up the rest of that steep hill! So, next time you are driving around and see a pack of bikers on your right, give them a little extra cushion as you pass, and try to remember your biker awareness! The biking world thanks you!
AUTHOR: Kelly Miyahara
img source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/27196516@N08/6776550676/