Nothing says summer to me like a caprese salad. It's one of my favorite salads, and it just doesn't reach its full potential for awesomeness any other time of the year. Eating fresh tomatoes when they are truly in season locally here is a real treat. Enjoying this light but satisfying salad while dining al fresco is sublime.
- 1 Large Tomato
- ¼ Cup of Fresh Basil Leaves
- 4 Ounces of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Teaspoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Slice the tomato in approximately 1/4 inch thick slices. Do the same for the mozzarella.
- Alternate layers between the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. (Tomato slice, mozzarella slice, couple leaves of basil, beginning and ending with tomatoes).
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
AUTHOR: Cara Krupa
img source: littlebroken.com