Summer Fitness Solutions
Summertime is here! Summer weddings, weekend barbeques, pool parties and afternoon picnics are all filling up your schedule. What are you going to wear is the question; sleeveless tops, backless dresses and shorts are the top styles in clothing. However, many of us don't feel as comfortable in these cute fashions as we should. With a party or an event just a few weeks away, here is some basic moves to tone your arms, lift that core and tighten your legs....all in the comfort of your own home.
Problem: Best Friends Wedding is 2 weeks away.
Solution: Strength workout 4 times a week 20 minutes a day
- Jumping Jacks 40 jumps
- Push ups 10-15 Reps (drop to your knees if you need to)
- Plank Hold on your forearms 45 seconds
- Bicycle Crunches...performed slowly 1min
- Standing Squats 25 Reps (making sure your butt is out and your knees do not go over your toes)
- Reverse Lunges with a leg lift 20 reps (alternate legs)
- Tricep Dips off of a bench or chair 15 reps
- Repeat for a total of 3 sets
Problem: BBQ Party a week away...have to wear a bathing-suit.
Solution: Time for cardio...interval training done on a Bike or a Treadmill 45 minutes days per week.
- Alternate between hills and sprints...cranking up the resistance for one-two minutes...with an equal recovery time on flat or no resistance
- Continue with strength training routine, and don't forget to drink your water!
Solution: Wall/counter push ups One minute reps.
- Lead with your chest....pull your core in tight...and alternate tempo speed on push ups.
- 4 sets
AUTHOR: Christina Malizia