Sunday Wisdom // Beating Seasonal Stress
- Approach each of your goals and obligations with gratitude.
- Give thanks for a family to feed, a house to entertain in, a child to indulge.
- Remember how you used to shop in order to “de-stress.”
- Appreciate how cleaning up the last bits of dinner party/holiday remnants gives you back a bit of quiet time.
- Take a soft moment to reflect on the joys of sharing the love, light, and joy that so powerfully fill these few days of the year - these “Holy” days.
For me, this time of year brings 40+ performances of The Nutcracker! A lot of professional dancers dread this season because it is so taxing on the body...show after show after show... missing out on all of those holiday parties and the rush of Christmas shopping.. If I'm honest, it does seem a bit ominous, but on the bright side, it gives me 40+ chances to make magic for children! Every performance brings to life snow flakes and flowers and dancing dolls and Sugarplum fairies..I get to call this my job! We have so much to be grateful for. Let us seek an enlightened perspective on the Season this time around!
Picture by Liza Voll of the Snow Scene from Mikko Nissinen's The Nutcracker, Boston Ballet, December 2013
AUTHOR: Shelby Elsbree