Top Ten Spring Clean-Up Tips
It's that time of year again! Time to re-think, re-organize and re-evaluate your goals. This has been a year of change for me: I moved from NYC to Houston and immediately dove into a big project. After a great deal of planning, training, and creating, we just celebrated our grand opening of DEFINE's most recent studio location. A new space, a new concept, and a kitchen…an exciting collaboration with amazingly inspirational Founder, Henry Richardson. This celebration also falls upon a change of season, with which naturally comes personal reevaluation. After big projects, I crave a good tune-up.
Here are my tips to get back to myself again. Hope they inspire you to do the same!
1. Mindful breathing. Take a few minutes from your day to notice your breath. It will calm your heart and your mind.
2. Get outdoors. Go for a bike-ride or take a walk. Reawaken with a little vitamin D.
3. Organize your desk. You'll be surprised your previous priorities that got left behind. Create a clear new outlook on life.
4. Go to the Farmer's Market and create a meal from all of the local ingredients. Nothing beats farm-to-table freshness. Reward yourself and be thankful for your local farmers.
5. Get to bed. Sleep is essential. Make it happen for a more productive next day.
6. Take a bath. Add mineral salts. Take the time to relax.
7. Fit in your friends. Schedule lunch, tea, or even a call once a week with someone you need in your life, or someone who needs you.
8. Read the paper. The actual, true newspaper. You know the one that turns your fingers grey? Not your computer or iPhone apps.
9. Clean out your closet! (I'm talking to myself here).
10. Say no. If you need a night to yourself, reschedule social plans.
AUTHOR: Sloane Sapan
img source: http://hemtrender.com/