What To Do With All That Left Over Thanksgiving turkey
Turkey Lemon Orzo Soup
Not only is this recipe easy and delicious it’s a great way to make sure Thanksgiving leftovers go to good use! This soup is light, full of veggies, and a great fall feel good dish.
You will need:
2 cups of celery
2 cups of carrots
1 small onion
5 cups of shredded turkey
77 oz (about 9.5 cups) of chicken broth (I like to use Swanson low sodium)
1 cup of orzo
1. Chop carrots, celery, and onions
2. Shred and dice turkey
3. Bring the broth to a boil
4. Add uncooked orzo and veggies
5. Return pot to boil and let it boil for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender
6. Add Turkey so it gets heated through
7. Add the juice of 2 lemons, salt and pepper to taste
The recipe can be adjusted to taste depending on how much leftover turkey you have.
Tip: In case you have leftover soup, sometimes the orzo soaks up the broth so it’s good to have leftover broth on hand.
AUTHOR: Katie Mitchell
img source: http://www.thebrewerandthebaker.com/archives/13856